CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Experience with El DeBarge

Tonight I had the privilege of attending an event held at the Harold Washington Cultural Center in Chicago. The event was held to promote El DeBarge's new album "Second Chance." There was an interview that consisted of questions about his motivations for his previous work as well as the new. There was also a mini performance where El performed some of his hits from his days with DeBarge, such as "All This Love," "I Like It," and "Stay With Me." The night ended with a CD signing. This was my first time seeing El DeBarge live and I was very excited. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. El spoke of his faith in God that brought him through trials such as his drug addiction, which he stated started at the age of 25 just out of curiosity. He was very soft spoken and down to earth. He kept the crowd on their feet, especially the women, when he talked (quite frequently I might add) about how a man should treat a woman. Listening to him perform live as well as listening to the album as I write this moment, I must say that El is still quite blessed. His talents are still very apparent and he seems to be using them to the fullest. I have to say that I am glad El took advantage of the second chance he was granted, so that I was able to witness a talented artists that I admire first hand. If you haven't bought his album, do so. It's soulful, beautiful, and reflects the hard work that was put into it.

0 comments: