CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 18, 2011

Babyface Concert


On June 19th, the  black-owned Chicago newspaper, N'digo had their annual gala. This year the entertainment for the gala was non other than Babyface. As a Fathers Day gift to my uncle, my mom and I got tickets for him to attend the concert, and of course I had to accompany him. The gala was at the beautiful Symphony Center. I had never seen Babyface in concert before so I was eager to see what his performance would be like. I love his music but I wasn't sure how his performance would be , since he's such a soft singer, at least on records. I was pleasantly surprised when Babyface started crooning his heart out. He was sanging, to say the least. I really enjoyed when his brother, Kevon Edmonds, made a guest appearance as well. I truly enjoy his voice and his stage presence. Babyface opened with Cool In You, but he only heated up after it. Some other highlights were his performance of a medley of songs which he wrote for other artists, such as New Edition, Bobby Brown, and Boyz II Men. There was a great part when Babyface started dancing. He also told a story about how El Debarge motivated him to start writing romantic songs. I was already a fan, but Babyface really blew me away. He left the audience wanting more. He had true showmanship.

0 comments: