CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 23, 2010

Cincinnati Music Festival

Charlie Wilson
Teena Marie
Teena Marie
Charlie Wilson



Cameo
This summer I went on a mini vacation to Cincinnati for their annual music festival, hosted by Macy's. This was my first time going to the two day event and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. The acts were Melonie Fiona, which I am sad to say I missed her, so you won't be seeing any pics of her. Sorry, but traffic was a mess! We left an hour early, but I mean when you have a concert and a baseball game the same day and time, and the arena's are literally side by side, and there is no one on the streets to direct cars, that's what happens. We were so distraught about the trouble to get to the parking that we didn't even consider going the next day. We drove all the way to Cleveland instead and went to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and yes a four hour drive was better than waiting in that traffic.  A plus was that parking was only ten dollars. Ok now where was I. Oh yes, the acts were Melanie Fiona, Cameo, Jaheim, Teena Marie and Charlie Wilson. The second day was K'jon, Raheem Devaughn, Erykah Badu, En vogue, and Frankie Beverly and Maze. I wasn't to bummed about the second day because honestly the only act I wanted to see was En vogue and that's because I saw Frankie Beverly and Maze recently (they were terrrific). But I was determined to go the first day of the festival because I wanted to see Teena and Charlie so bad. I had never seen any of the acts except Teena, but that was when I was like in elementary school. I was anxious to see her again. 

Jaheim
Cameo
The first night was so good. I don't see how the second night could top it and from what I heard it didn't. Everyone did their thang! I was also pleasantly surprised by Jaheim. I like the songs they play on the radio, but I wouldn't call myself a fan. I have to say though, he put on a good show. His voice sounded wonderful, so I have much respect for him. The highlight of my night was Teena and Charlie though. These veterans were in great form as I knew they would be. They know how to put on a show. I had to get up and dance when Teena got on stage. She knows how to party. Well of course she does, being buddies with Rick James and all. She also did a touching tribute to her close friend, singing "Give It To Me Baby" and "Fire and Desire". Charlie Wilson was awesome as well and announced how proud he was of  being the first headlining act to sell out the Macy's Festival and it was also his first sold out concert with him headlining. It was a fun night and I can't wait to see who will be there next summer. Enjoy the pics!

0 comments: