CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Happy 52nd Birthday Michael Jackson!


Today is Michael Jackson's birthday. Being the fanatic that I am, you know I had to do something to celebrate. Last year that consisted of seeing the impersonator Michael Firestone (who was awesome!) This year, I went to Dusable Museum. There they had a play called "Expressions of MJ." It consisted of various skits which led into Michael Jackson or Jackson 5 songs. The cast was made up of elementary and high school students, and they did a superb job. You could see they put a lot of time and effort into this production. I sat directly in the front row and though I didn't personally know any of the cast, I yelled like I was related to them. There also was a guest appearance from the local Michael Jackson impersonator Rico. His big finale was the song Thriller which he performed in a werewolf mask, complete with claws. I was really pleased to see youth putting their time into something so positive. They perfected intricate choreography and said their lines like professional actors. I know MJ would have loved to see a production such as this. Below is a video from MJ's 1997 History tour. In it he is doing smooth criminal. This is one of my favorite segments from this tour, so enjoy! Happy B'day MJ! We love You!

0 comments: